[Gloucs] recovering rieserfs

David Greenaway gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 20 20:25:01 2002

The data is of interest, but not vital importance, worth me spending an
evening trying to recover it, but not worth putting anyone else to any
trouble on a professional basis or otherwise, (beyond asking for useful
suggestions on how best to proceed), but thanks for the offer.

Anyway last night I set to with dd and grep and now have a dozen or so 10meg
files on my working partition than I'm confident contain my e-mails somewhere
within them, at some point I'll tackle the task of reconstructing the files
but for now I'm happy to run fdsk.

David Greenaway