[Gloucs] Job

William Roe gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 17 16:43:01 2003

Hi People,

I am currently looking for work in Gloucestershire (I live in Coaley,
Near Dursley) and
I wondered if any of you out there have any suggestions. I know some of
you work
in various places I would quite like to work in (Fasthosts, BNFL for
example).

I am on my gap year (which finishes when I go to uni in Sept/Oct 2003).
I have done
6 months work at Tripod-IT (an IT support company in Stroud), where I
did such things
as supporting customers over the 'phone and on site, built computers,
configured
software (mostly Windows, sadly) and wrote a little software (scripts
for their webserver
- things like that).

Obviously my main interest is in Linux but I'm not too fussy - mainly
due to buying an iBook
and discovering OS X and that, yes! Unix CAN be easy to use! ;) I am
more inclined to
go for the programming jobs because that's my main skill. My mother
tongue artificial
language is Python - good fun to program and as cross platform as
necessary.

I have no real requirements about wages/salary - just looking for good
experience
before I go to university. I will have access to a car if necessary.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Will Roe

Email: will@wjlr.org.uk
Web: http://wjlr.org.uk