[Gloucs] Re: [OxLUG] Mandrake 9.1 updates

Biagio Lucini gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 18 23:25:01 2003

I have two hypothesis:

a) supermount is doing funny things with your cdrom and urpmi gets
confused
b) the urpmi database is somehow corrupted

I would suggest you to run urpmi from the command line and check what is
going on. I don't have my Mandrake system at hand now, so I can't check
what I am writing (man urpmi stronlgly recommended for getting the
correct options):

# urpmi.update update_source
# urpmi --media update_source --autoselect

The first command updates the list of available revised packages, the
second will install them using only update_source as a medium.

Good luck,
Biagio