[Gloucs] scsi/ide burner

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Tue Dec 2 21:04:57 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:37, William Roe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Remember to install devfsd before booting to a kernel with devfs. It
> really helps. In Debian, it is a separate package (no doubt called
> devfsd).

ooops. er, yes thanks, it was called devfsd. Apologies, my problem
solving/google skills deteriorate with lack of food/sleep.

devfsd is installed now and it boots fine with devfs=mount......

but I still can't find the cdrom though - "not a valid block device" on
each one I try.

would a beer reward at the next meeting for anyone who gets it
working be of interest?