[Gloucs] Amusing request from Microsoft!

bjh bjh at good-news.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 09:46:19 GMT 2003

Hi Guys,

Just received this amusing request from Michael Surkan, a programmer
working for MICROSOFT!
Apart from the obvious response of, block the security holes, make it
FREE to all, and have Microsoft really run out of ideas as to what the
customers are really looking for??

Anyone want to communicate with him - if you do want to send a direct
response, his email address is at the bottom.

Linux and other FREE source programme and browser applications must be
now starting to worry the marble palace dwellers over the water!

Best wishes
Barrie Haycock

I am a program manager in the Microsoft networking group, doing some
research around how we can improve our operating systems. My goal is to
help us identify capabilities, improvements, and features that Microsoft
should be focusing on to help our customers over the next 5 years or so.
I am particularly interested in hearing from Linux users, and get their
input about what they feel should be priorities.

I was wondering if you would mind if I posted a message on your Linux
mailing list (gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
<mailto:gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk>) asking for feedback? I want to ask
for people to e-mail me directly if they would be interested in taking
an on-line survey I have put together (sorry, I don't want to post the
survey URL directly to the public).

If you don't feel this is an appropriate use of your list, that's fine.
Of course, I am always eager to hear your thoughts if you wanted to
share them. :-)

Thanks,

Michael Surkan
msurkan at windows.microsoft.com