[Gloucs] Amusing request from Microsoft!

Gareth Bromley gbromley at intstar.com
Fri Dec 19 10:54:50 GMT 2003

> Sounds like an attempt to harvest email addresses to me.  Are you sure
> the @windows.microsoft.com address is valid?
Even if it wasn't and was a harvest attempt you'd need to subvert the
either the Microsoft Top Level DNS or there mail relays to obtain the mail
replies. I think we could conclude that even given Microsoft's poor
security record even they might be able to notice subverted DNS or Mail
Exchanges.

windows.microsoft.com is handled by mail1-5.microsoft.com (worryingly on
the same subnet but well), so this might even be a valid request to help
M$ fight off the Linux incursion :)

enjoy

Gareth