[Gloucs] Linux demo CD

Mark Trotman mark at armscroft.com
Tue Dec 30 10:05:52 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

I'm looking for help with regard to Linux demo's. I have spent the last
two days downloading and burning ISO's but have been unable to get
either Gnoppix or Knoppix to run correctly and I am now awash with
coasters!

Does anyone have a working CD that I can borrow so that I can demo Linux
to my father? He doesn't want to install anything yet, so it has to be
something I can just drop into his CD and run. I really don't mind which
  distro it is at this point in time.

As background, he wanted to replace his HP660 printer with something
more modern after it broke just before the Xmas period. I found an
HP3320 and bought it for him as a pressie. After trying to install it on
his Win95 box, we found there were no drivers available on the install
CD or on the HP website (they have obviously dropped support for '95). I
hear that M$ are dropping support for '98 soon so I feel it isn't worth
his while upgrading to that. If we look at XP, it's going to cost him an
arm and a leg to upgrade his PC so Linux is the answer (wasn't it always?)

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA

--

Mark