[Gloucs] Linux demo CD

Mark Trotman mark at armscroft.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 10:20:26 GMT 2003

Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:05:11 +0000
> Mark Trotman <mark at armscroft.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm looking for help with regard to Linux demo's. I have spent the
>>last two days downloading and burning ISO's but have been unable to
>>get either Gnoppix or Knoppix to run correctly and I am now awash with
>>coasters!
>

> I have a Knoppix CD I could put in the post to you, but what problem are
> you actually having? It may be that there is some hardware inconsistency
> that needs to be resolved.
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,

I thought about the HW inconsistency thing whilst trying the latest
Knoppix. I can get it to boot, but once it tries to load, it locks up
the  keyboard and just hangs. The only thing I can think of is that I
don't use SCSI devices on this box (and neither does my father). I'm not
convinced that this /is/ the problem but remain open to other (more
knowledgeable) opinions.

HTH!

--

Mark