[Gloucs] Linux demo CD

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 11:48:08 GMT 2003

Mark Trotman <mark at armscroft.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I thought about the HW inconsistency thing whilst trying the latest
> Knoppix. I can get it to boot, but once it tries to load, it locks up
> the  keyboard and just hangs. The only thing I can think of is that I
> don't use SCSI devices on this box (and neither does my father). I'm
> not convinced that this /is/ the problem but remain open to other
> (more knowledgeable) opinions.

Running win95 I suspect the machine is quite old.  What processor is it
using.  I ask because a while ago I tried Knoppix on and old Evesham
machine which was using an old non-intel chip (IDT Winchip C6 200 MHz
processor).  It partial booted but locked.  There may be a way around
the problem but it wasn't that important at the time so I just gave up.

Paul