[Gloucs] Linux demo CD

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 13:54:43 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 1:36 pm, Glyn Davies wrote:
> Mark Trotman wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm looking for help with regard to Linux demo's. I have spent the last
> > two days downloading and burning ISO's but have been unable to get
> > either Gnoppix or Knoppix to run correctly and I am now awash with
> > coasters!
>
> Errr. Forget this little nugget of info Mark when I spoke to you yesterday.
>
> You need to use 80min CDRs (not 74) as the knoppix iso is a bit of a
> monster. Were you using 74s?
>
> Made a few 74min coasters myself before Finlay pointed this out to me.

try a smaller live demo such as Morphix...

<http://morphix.sourceforge.net/modules/news/>

comes in at only 402 MB for the KDE version... 491 MB for the Gnome version...
and 663MB for the game version... you'll only need 700MB/80 minute CDRs for
the game version.

there is also a light gui version for low spec hardware that uses the XFCE4
desktop and that weighs in at 208MB (will fit on a miniCD)

HTH