[Gloucs] ot gpl'd windows

Steve Searle gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 1 17:44:02 2003

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

Around 04:22pm on Saturday, February 01, 2003 (UK time), Guy Edwards scrawl=
ed:

> 	- Some of the software is just simply better (Ethereal, Apache, MySQL
> etc) than anything proprietary.

While I am a frequent user of MySQL at home - it works fine and is the
database that is available to me on my website (hosted by uklinux) I
disagree that it is better than other databases that support stored
procedures.

What I don't know anything about is PostgreSQL - doesn anyone know if it
is GPL and supports stored procedures?

Cheers

Steve

--=20