[Gloucs] OT Windows X-servers

Paul Broadhead gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 2 19:24:01 2003

"Paul Robertson" <paul@jprassoc.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good free one?
> In particular I am interested in support for Xv(ideo).

Years ago, I used MI/X, however, a quick check at
<URL:http://www.microimages.com/freestuff/mix/> shows that its no longer
free.  I guess you may be able to get hold of an old (free) version
somewhere.  I've had a dig around on my system and found the install
files for the old free version.  The FAQ says it can be freely copied so
I guess I can copy it to you if you want.  The compressed tar file is
about 2.5 MB.

Have you tried VNC, though its not an xserver as such, it does allow you
to remotely run X applications.  Its free and included with most
distributions too <URL:http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/>.

Paul