[Gloucs] Gloucs] Kernel recompile (oh dear)

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 9 08:22:00 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 03:02, fbarton@ntlworld.com wrote:
> Have you built NFS support into the kernel image or left it as a module?
> Because you've got nfsd.o in your lsmod but no nfs.o - maybe this is the
> problem with your nfs mount...
>
> Or is it a more general network problem? What about your ethernet or ppp
> capabilities - are they in your kernel?

No network at all. I turned off NAT and other routing but thought I'd
left all the rest turned on. NFS is compiled in but it's the whole
network which is down.

If I do a ping to 127.0.0.1 it's fine but a ping to and network gives me
a message along the lines of "netsend msg: operation not allowed" or
something similar to that (I've rebooted into my normal kernel).

Guy