[Gloucs] Hello

Dan Hawes gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Feb 16 12:12:01 2003

Hi all,

Just a note to introduce myself, I live out near RAF Fairford for those
that know the area and I am new to Linux so please treat me as a
complete newbie. All I have managed so far is an install of redhat 8 and
have got samba talking to my network. I found this group from the back
of Linux format mag which I picked up last week.

My intention is to run my Linux box as a gateway to the net for my
network as well as providing a test bed for the websites I design
(intranet only). I am looking into the possibility of getting some form
of broadband here so I thought a Linux box would serve me well having
spoken to friends who have similar setups. Also, I wanted something new
to play with!

Look forward to talking to you all.
best regards,

Dan