[Gloucs] Wu-ftpd

Dan Hawes gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 18 18:44:00 2003

Hi all,

What am I not doing with regard to wu-ftp to not be able to gain access?
I have installed anonftp and wu-ftp and got the thing going up to a
point, that point being when I go to log in it says 'Login
incorrect..Error logging on to...'.

I have followed a tutorial from DevShed about setting up ftp access and
got no further. I have edited ftpaccess, group and passwd files. If I'm
getting as far as I am in the login, it has to be a permissions thing I
am thinking? and even the gui for wu-ftp has not helped matters. I think
I'm having a bad day! All I want to do is set it up so local users can
access the apache dirs or their own sub dir thereof depending on who
they are.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or page with instructions for a
newbie? According to DevShed and the RedHat Bible it should work but it
won't! Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan.