[Gloucs] Sound Problems with Soundblaster Live SORTED

Mike Surtees gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 24 16:15:01 2003

On Monday 17 Feb 2003 7:02 pm, Mike Surtees wrote:

Thanks for the overwhelming response - however I've sorted it now - in ca=
se=20
anyone else happens to have a similar (or dissimilar problem with SuSe 8.=
1/=20
KDE 3/ Soundblaster  Live! the problem was one of IRQ's in that the card=20
requires IRQ 5 for SB16 emulation.  Simply reserving IRQ5 for legacy devi=
ces=20
in the BIOS solved the problem

See you Tuesday

Mike