[Gloucs] Fetchmail and the list

Adam Langley gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 15:59:00 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 03:47:00PM +0000, Roland Hinkley wrote:
> A problem I have is relating to receiving mail via POP3. My main ISP is
> Freeserve and I am using Fetchmail and Exim on the Linux machine. I am
> trying to do multidrop but not having much success. I have tried reading
> the FAQ and man pages but still no luck. I wonder if anyone has any luck
> with this combination.

When using fetchmail it's often worth setting it to use something like
procmail to directly write mail. MTA configuration is a wonderful
subject, but one best avoided if you just want it to work.

See man fetchmail for the documentation of the -m option and man procmailrc
for setting up procmail.

--
Adam Langley                                      agl@imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org                       (+44) (0)7986 296753