[Gloucs] Fetchmail and the list

Iain Calder gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jan 3 00:09:01 2003

Roland Hinkley wrote:

> Many thanks for the reply.
>
> I have tried again and with the fetchmailrc below multidrop seems to
> be working in general. Unfortunately mail from the list just goes to
> the user fetchmail with the warning
> didn't match any local name
> added.
>
> Running in daemon mode /etc/fetchmailrc is:-
>
> set no bouncemail
> defaults:
>   antispam -1
>   batchlimit 100
>
> poll pop.freeserve.co.uk proto pop3 aka pop.pol.net.uk:
>   localdomains painswik.freeserve.co.uk Envelope 'Envelope-to'
>   user painswik.freeserve.co.uk with password ******* is * here keep;
>
> User names at the local domain get delivered fine, but cannot figure
> out how to get the list items deliverd to a user. Any ideas would help.

I'm not too hot on fetchmail setup, so there may be a better way - but
you might need to tell your local mail server (Exim) about the user
'gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk'.

With Postfix this would be done by adding an entry to
/etc/postfix/virtual, something like:
gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk    local-user

For sendmail you would make a similar entry in /etc/mail/virtusertable.
 I'm not sure what the corresponding setup is for Exim though.

Iain