[Gloucs] OpenOffice.org bug

Paul Broadhead gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 5 19:04:00 2003

Mick Brooks <michael.brooks@physics.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> > I removed ~/.openoffice or whatever it was called in the vain hope
> > that it might achieve something some time ago. It has not been
> > replaced so I guess OOo is not getting that far.  I did an strace
> > and have attached the output(quite a lot I afraid - even after I
> > snipped and compressed it) in case anyone is feeling particularly
> > useful.
>
> The config file I had trouble with was ~/.sversionrc - try getting rid
> of that too. I can't remember if you need to re-install after doing
> that, maybe just a new user install, that is not the full "setup -net"
> stuff.

You could try installing to a completely new user, just in case
something else has been left in your normal user account.  This helped
me fix a recent problem with my mail client.

I know is not too much help, but I'm using a fully patched Redhat 8.0
and my OO is still working fine.  Unfortunately, my grand plan to switch
to Debian over the Christmas holiday came to nothing.  There's always
this evening though .....

Paul