[Gloucs] any interest? - free Linux course

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jan 11 15:33:00 2003

Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in a free course that covered the Linux 101
exam, probably once a week, going on for 12 weeks or so?

It would probably have to be a Monday night, perhaps 6-7.30 at Gloscat
Brunswick campus. While the course would be at Gloscat it won't be
though them e.g. if you ring up and ask about it they will have no
information. Also you'd have to arrange and pay for the LPI 101 exam
yourself if that was your ultimate goal. They'll be a Linux machine or
at the minimum a terminal to a Linux machine for everyone who attended
to use, eg it would be practical as well as theory.

It would be aimed at people who have installed and setup Linux but want
to learn a bit more in depth about their system or want to gain the
LPI101 certification. If any of the more advanced gurus wanted to attend
that would be great as well, I'd appreciate the feedback.

The new LPI objectives for the LPI101 are here:
http://www.lpi.org/p-obj-101rel2.html they've put the scary stuff near
the top, but I'd think to be starting with the unix command line basics
and going from there. I'll also sort out some hardware modems and scsi
devices to cover the objectives.

If there's sufficient interest I will make some inquiries and may be
able to set it up in time for the 20th of this month. If this goes well
then there might be a LPI102 course too. In short, if you're interested,
email me so I have an idea of numbers, but if you've got any questions,
ask on the list.

Guy