[Gloucs] any interest? - free Linux course

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Jan 12 16:17:00 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 07:42, David wrote:
> I'm another who is v interested. Again I have commitments with family,=20
> but if I have a clear date I am sure that these can be worked around.=20
>  Any idea on exam cost?
>=20
> David Lewis

I'll do practice exams for people, but the actual LPI test you'll have
to sort out yourselves. I think the nearest VUE testing center is in
Bristol, I thought the exams were $100 (~=A370) but I'm not sure.

The VUE testing center locater website is currently showing a server
error, so I can't give the testing centers contact details but I'll post
something definite tomorrow evening.

The Linux Professional Institute Level One qualification (LPIC-1) is
made up of two exams
	LPI101 - ~=A375
	LPI102 - ~=A375
I know you get your exam results immediately after the test, I also
heard that it's supposed to be a tough exam (pass/fail mark is 80%?).=20

Guy