[Gloucs] NFS 1001

John McKeown gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 12:04:00 2003

Hi

Switch just worked, unexpectedly easy, so I now have a home network.

I'm having a little problem with NFS.... Set up /etc/exports for cdrom (ro)
and that works fine. When I tried to export /home/user (ro) all goes well
'mount -t nfs tosh:/home/user /mnt/tosh' works, but 'Permission denied'
when I try to look. I can see from /mnt that /mnt/tosh has a UID 1001
whereas other /mnt dirs are root. I've tried "no_all_squash" option in
exports and restarted NFS server but still the mysterious UID 1001
appears on other machine. :o(  Help - any suggestions?

regards,
John