[Gloucs] local linux evening courses [gloscat spam]

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 14:28:00 2003

hmmm... this might class as spam, apologies but it is local and linux.

ok here goes (I wish I had a scanner) this is the details of the
beginners course and beginners/intermediate. The first course runs
twice, I think the second one should too, I'll check up on Monday.

The lecturer is a Unix guru originally from bath uni. There will be IT
open days on the 19th June at brunswick campus between 12.30 and 2.00
when you can come in and chat to the lecturers face to face and the
Linux lecturer will be there.

There's also an open day on 17th June at cheltenham campus which covers
all the IT courses (Network+ Security+ etc) 12.30-2.00. I'll probably be
at both open days too.

1. Introduction to Linux
course ref: 16LININT
location: Gloucester, brunswick campus
duration: 10 weeks, Tuesday evenings
start date		end date
7th Oct 2003		16th Dec 2003
6th Jan 2004		16th March 2004
Cost: =A355 (=A315 consessions)
entry requirements: none
General=20
suitability: Someone wishing to gain a basic understanding of Linux
Course aims: The course will provide an introduction to the Linux
operating System. students will cover the user environment, system
structure and simple administration tasks. there will be a guided
installation of Linux onto a clean PC. At the end of the course students
should be able to maintain a simple home PC Linux System.

If interested contact:
Owen Holbrook
01452 563378
holbro01@gloscat.ac.uk
Computing Department
GlosCAT
Brunswick Campus
Brunswick Road
Gloucester
GL1 1HU

2. Further Linux
course ref:16LINADV
location: Gloucester, brunswick campus
duration: 10 weeks, Thursday evenings
start date		end date
9th Oct 2003		18th Dec 2003=20
(should be a second set of dates here too)
Cost: =A355 (=A315 consessions)
entry requirements: Previous Linux experience or completion of the
beginners course.
General:
suitability: Someone wishing to build upon a basic understanding of
Linux.
Course Aims: the course will develop the students understanding of the
Linux operating system. Students will cover the Linux Kernel, package
management, scripting and networking. At the end of the course students
should understand how a network of Linux PC's operates and be able to
perform many of the administrative tasks associated with it.

If interested contact:
Owen Holbrook
01452 563378
holbro01@gloscat.ac.uk