[Gloucs] 3d desktop

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 9 00:37:00 2003

Looking through some of the packages in the distribution I didn't
recognize, I found this, which if you've got 3d acceleration running is
just really pretty. (simple things.. )

note:I'm running Mandrake 9.1, the 3ddesktop package that comes with it
was a bit flaky, but I knew from looking at the website there was a new
version out, so I went to the mandrake cooker and the newer version
seems to work much better.

It's just a desktop pager but you'll have to look at the screenshots to
see what it does.

------

3d-Desktop
----------

3d Desktop is an OpenGL program for switching virtual desktops in
a seamless 3-dimensional manner.  The default "visualization" maps
your screen onto an N-sided "carousel" which is rotated to select the
next screen.  When activated the current desktop appears to zoom out
so as to make your desktop appear to be actually in a 3d environment
with your other desktops.

The latest version of 3d-Desktop can be found at:

   http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/

--
Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards@hotpop.com>