[Gloucs] test + hp machines

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 9 20:24:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 20:02, Mark wrote:
> Definatly beat you Sean, so very sorry...

Whoops, I replied to the test without looking to see what address it was from.

Just to make my post constructive - I've got some HP C360's desktop machines
(risc processors? 1Gb ram, scsi hard drives) that I want to install Linux on.
I've just finished downloading the Debian set for hppa architecture, but I'm
busy on other things and the Debian installer is ...unique. If anyone wants to
add to their CV that they worked on this kind of machine, or if you just want to
try something different/gain experience, you'd be quite welcome to have a go
on them and install/setup whatever you like. There's 10 of them in a lab
doing nothing at the moment, does anyone want to play (in situ)? There's
networking equipment and spare servers (Proliant or HP9000) to play with too.

Guy