Re[2]: [Gloucs] GLUG venue

Francis Barton gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 16:19:00 2003

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:51:16 +0100 "Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J" <s0209208@glos.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm unaware of the server addy for the IRC server, but I use it for a
> lot of
> other chat todo with websites I host etc...

Well it *was* #glug on irc.slashnet.org (irc://slashnet/) but it's not
listed now when you do /list on slashnet. So I think I was lying when I
said I was on the channel last night - Chatzilla lets you "join"
non-existent channels.

Jinxy, has the channel been retired to your knowledge?

> I prefer it to MSN/Yahoo/AOL, but as my friends insist on using these,
> CCMSN
> is installed on my box along with Gaim.

GAIM should support Yahoo, MSN, Yahoo, etc etc. (if you have
signed up for an account with them) as well as Jabber (anyone in the LUG
got a Jabber account BTW?) IRC, Gadu-Gadu (whatever that is) and others.

Francis