[Gloucs] Problem while installing Slackware 8.1

Alex Craddock gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Jun 13 14:14:01 2003

Okay, I cd to /mnt then I did ls -la but all that came up was README I tryed
to open it but it said access denied.  Then I tryed cd /etc and it worked
(strange that because it wasn't listed) then I typed:
ls -l lilo.conf and it said no such file or dir.  Then I type lilo -c
/mnt/etc/lilo.conf and it said no such command or file (w/e) as lilo.  Also
when I am in a directory it is displayed by the prompt with a hash after it
for example when I am in mount it is /mnt#, don't know if that means
anything, obviously it has the root@ bit or whatever before that, but the
strange thing I thought was the hash.  I don't know though.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger