[Gloucs] Problem while installing Slackware 8.1

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 14 17:37:00 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 16:02, Steve Searle wrote:
> [snip]
>
> No Windows is only for games [...]

Just to help you find some Linux games: this past couple of days I've
been playing "Wolfenstien - Enemy Territory" which is a free multiplayer
stand alone download for Linux based on the Return to Wolfenstein
engine. If you've got 3d acceleration working fine and a good connection
to the internet it's great.

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/wolfensteinet/

Basically it's a first person shooter set in WWII and you fight as
either axis or allies and get to storm beachheads, escort tanks and
other great stuff.

screenshot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/returntocastlewet/screens.html?page=29

If you're on modem it's a ~280mb download so I can burn it onto cd for
the next meeting. You'll still need a decent connection for net play
though.

--
Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards@hotpop.com>