[Gloucs] ADSL (at last)

Tim Ballam gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 18 10:03:01 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Jill Tovey [mailto:jill.tovey@bigbluedoor.com]
Sent: 18 June 2003 09:59
To: gloucs@mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: RE: [Gloucs] ADSL (at last)

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 09:42, Tim Ballam wrote:
> The problems with the DG814 are down to the firmware, if you upgrade the
> firmware you MUST do a hardware reset by holding in the reset button for
> over 20 seconds then all will be well.  If you don't do this you will get
> some real weird problems.

I do remember having problems whereby I had to flash the EPROM - but
thats nothing unusual with new hardware?
I have not had one problem since - surely the ones they sell now don't
have the firmware issue?

It's a problem with flashing the firmware, when this happens there is
sometimes a problem with a slight change in the format of the user data
area, this causes some eratic behaviour.