[Gloucs] One off sale of computer bits....

Paul Broadhead gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Jun 23 20:00:01 2003

Hi folks,

Apologies for being slightly off topic, I hope you don't mind....

I help with the Parents Association at our kids school.  We were given
some old computer and bits to sell at our Fete.  I sorted them out and
managed to sell all but one of the computers; I was wondering if anyone
was interested in buying it.  It has a spec suitable for a test machine
(I can include a set of Debian 3.0r1 discs if you like) or it would make
a perfect broadband firewall/router as it has a almost identical spec to
my Smoothwal box (I can include a Smoothwal GPL 1.0 +patches disk if you
want). Here's the spec:

Asking price 15 pounds:  Pentium 120Mhz processor, 64MB RAM, 1.2 GB
hard disk, 1 MB VGA Graphics, 8x (I think) CDROM, 3.5 Floppy drive.  The
CMOS battery is missing (a couple of pounds from Maplin?) but otherwise
its working fine. Currently the hard drive has Windows 95 installed
(sorry) and Lotus Smart Suit Word Pro 97.  If, heaven forbid you wanted
to keep Windows installed, I have restored it to a default
configuration, virus checked and defragmented etc.

I also have a few bits left:

Asking price 5 pounds: A rather old Epson LQ-1000 printer (dot matrix
and ribbons) looks to be A3 wide.  Included in the price are 5 new
ribbons.

Finally for 2 pounds each I have 3 PS/2 connector keyboards and for 1
pound, a two button (9-pin D type) mouse and a 3-button PS/s mouse.

All this kit is obviously used. If anyone is interested, I can bring the
it to the meeting tomorrow.  All proceeds to Bishop's Cleeve Primary
School PA <URL:http://www.bcpspa.org.uk>.

Regards,
Paul