[Gloucs] Mark's talk (+next talk)

Mark gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Mar 1 11:01:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 08:51, Guy Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 17:00, William Roe wrote:
> > Good talk Mark! Sorry I had to leave before you finished but that's
> > life!
>
> I'm a bit late on this, but for those of you that weren't able to attend
> the meeting, there was about 12 people or so turned up, and Mark gave a
> rather interesting talk on security and showed us how to induce buffer
> overflows in programs as well as talking a lot about the background of
> the security area. It was a pretty cool and interactive talk (cheers
> Mark).

ta.

> Any ideas for the next meetings talk? Anyone not given a talk but would
> like to? Gareth did you say you were interested in giving a talk?
>
> > I shall be researching this "Linux more secure than BSD" meme. We shall
> > see! I'm sure you're right but I'd like to read a little more first.
>
> I nice future flame war at some point then :-)

et tu Brutae? -- me? flame? there isnt a need to, i win. :p

Just going to use the list to further the plans for minor world domination.
Could anyone interrested in a 2600-esque (but slightly less media
driven) security aware groups please email me off list. I have had a
couple of people mention it already.

Happy Saturday.. go brew more coffee!

regards,
Mark