[Gloucs] ssh/sshd

Macdonald-Wallace, Matthew J gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 13 11:19:00 2003

Jill,

There's prompt, iptables/chains are not yet installed and yes, I'm trying to
login as root, however I have enabled this in sshd_config.

It's telling me that my password is invalid/incorrect, but I knbow I'm
typing it correctly!  I've even tried changing the root password on the new
box to "12345" (Its not on a real network, just a crossover cable and I've
changed it back since!) and then trying that and it won't let me login. Oh,
and other usernames won't work either...

:(

Matt