[Gloucs] Hi there

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue May 13 21:19:00 2003

Hi Rolf,

We had massive problems with the Opas worm a while back...

The virus attacked both of our Windows 98 systems (used for business
purposes) and we found that every time we cleaned the programme as soon as
we connected to the internet we were re-infected with the same virus and its
varients...

We finally beat the virus by running the "FREE" AVG system from
www.grisoft.com in DOS mode (repeat DOS mode !!!!!!! Full instructions on
how to do this at:
http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_faq.php?action=6&co=healindos&session=770ad58ba9a53f55bc4bc4f92af8c741)
which finally beat the re-infection problem and also now use a Firewall
(zonealarm) which with the free AVG virus checker has kept us clear of all
virus attacks for a number of months...

If you carry out the AVG system instructions above you should have no
further problems. You should then continue to get the weekly updates from
AVG so that your system will be cleaned and protected from further new virus
attacks as they arise.

Best wishes

Barrie