[Gloucs] OS film arrived

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Tue Oct 7 22:17:27 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 20:06, jim_ashford at lineone.net wrote:
[snip]
> PS anyone know what is happening about the Glous Linux Course

The Gloscat Linux one? Speaking as a person and not an employee/representative
(e.g. ring them up to get the official discussion):

It isn't at all looking good. Basically there's about 10 or so signed
up but the course has been priced to pay for itself at 18 people.

The department running the course has no say in the pricing or the
number of students required to run the course. It's my feeling
that it the course won't be allowed to be run at a loss either.

Unofficially it will probably not run this year as the pricing and
minimum student level seems to be set wrong. I should think there
will plenty of feedback to them and it will be correct for next year
but this isn't much help for those who have enrolled.

The optimist in me says it's a short course, so if you hold out
longer more people might sign up.

Sorry it's probably not what you wanted to hear :-(