[Gloucs] Virus Attacks!

bjh gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 10 10:48:00 2003

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C37788.1E4B1300

Hi All,

Just a note to let you know that we have been receiving a large number =
of virus inclusive messages to the Gloucester LUG web server during the =
last three weeks in particular - the server seems to have no ability to =
auto delete these messages and I have been hand deleting each one as =
they arrive and are held on the server pending authorisation by myself =
or Francis.

As an illustration of the number, I stopped counting at fifty ten days =
ago and have deleted many more since.

Clearly this must be happening to every LUG group in the country, and in =
the main we are receiving batch attacks every seven days, in line with =
the in built virus "trigger" of every seven days through to year 2004!

Has anyone any ideas that could be sent to the LUG server controllers so =
that the server could be setup with an auto delete facility??  - It =
would save a hell of a lot of man hours throughout the UK in particular =
- I would think that many LUG administrators are just letting the emails =
through to list members with resulting chaos to individual computers =
across the world!

Best wishes to one and all...

Barrie Haycock
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C37788.1E4B1300

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just a note to let you know that we =
have been=20
receiving a large number of virus inclusive messages to the Gloucester =
LUG web=20
server during the last three weeks in particular - the server seems to =
have no=20
ability to auto delete these messages and I have been hand deleting each =
one as=20
they arrive and are held on the server pending authorisation by myself =
or=20
Francis.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As an illustration of the number, I =
stopped=20
counting at fifty ten days ago and have deleted many more =
since.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Clearly this must be happening to every =
LUG group=20
in the country, and in the main we are receiving batch attacks every =
seven days,=20
in line with the in built virus "trigger" of every seven days through to =
year=20
2004!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone any ideas that could be sent =
to the LUG=20
server controllers so that the server could be setup with an auto delete =

facility?? &nbsp;- It would save a hell of a lot of man hours throughout =
the UK=20
in particular - I would think that many LUG administrators are just =
letting the=20
emails through to list members with resulting chaos&nbsp;to individual =
computers=20
across the world!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best wishes to one and =
all...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Barrie =
Haycock</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C37788.1E4B1300--