[Gloucs] Gloscat Linux Course

Guy Edwards gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 18 23:28:01 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 22:58, John Kilgour wrote:
> I signed up for the course and got a letter this week saying that it was
> cancelled. The truth must be out somewhere?

Hmmm. Sounds like someone can't write a decent letter.
(can you let me know _off list_  who it was?)

What's happened is they haven't had enough people to run it
immediately so they've put it back to the next date it was
supposed to be run.

e.g. it's supposed to run say 3 times in one academic year. They
don't have enough people signed up to run it when it's first supposed
to run but it will run later.

To be honest, the dates are pretty flexible. If the number of
people waiting to take the course hits the threshold 18, then
they will most probably ring around all the candidates and start
the course asap, even if it isn't when the course was documented to run.

Hence if you got a letter saying that it was cancelled, it's
worth giving the department a ring. Computer Studies Department -
try between 10.30 and 3.30 for best results. Owen Holbrook 01452 563378

Hope it helps,
Guy