[Gloucs] Gnome Desktop

jim_ashford at lineone.net jim_ashford at lineone.net
Wed Feb 4 18:21:32 GMT 2004

Dell Latitude Cpx Laptop
P3 500Mh CPU
256 Mb RAM
20Gb harddrive
Interchangeable Modular Bay for
CD ROM,
DVD ROM,
5.5Gb harddrive,
31/2  Floppy drive,
O/S's
 SuSE 9 pro, for home, fun and Internet
Windows 2000 pro, for compatibility with college.

Hi
I recently upgraded my SuSE O/S from 8.2 to 9.
When using  SuSE, I like to use both the KDE and the Gnome desktop, depending
on what I am doing.
The reason I am writing is since I upgraded, from 8.2 to SuSE 9,  every
time I use the Gnome desktop, and want to logout,  it takes 5 minuets for
the logout conformation applet to appear.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if  anyone has any
ideas as to why it takes so long to appear, as you can see I am not short
of memory.
Hope someone can help, as this has me stumped
 Jim.

gloucs at mailman.lug.org.uk