[Gloucs] March Meeting 23rd

Paul Broadhead paul.broadhead at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 23:28:15 GMT 2004

Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com> wrote:

> Francis you want to do a talk on udev? Our Bash "volunteer" hasn't been
> sufficently worked over by the boys yet.

I guess that's me in the frame.  I can't make this week's meeting nor,
probably next months but how about May?  The talk won't be anything
special, don't anyone get too excited.....

Any how, I appreciate that its difficult for Guy to book LUG meetings
and we need to be flexible.  However, I now have a monthly Tuesday
meeting other than LUG.  I can choose which Tuesday this other meeting
will be so it would be really great if I could predict which Tuesday the
LUG was going to be.  Any thoughts?

Sorry by the way for not responding sooner to the blatant hints about
the bash talk.  It's been mad at my house over the last couple of weeks.
What with decorating causing IT downtime.  The power supply on my server
failing, an aborted attempt to install Debian on same server (problems
with FA111 network card) and a rather long winded upgrade of my
smoothwall firewall. My firewall PC now has a power management problem
probably due to the kernel change on smoothwall, 2.2 -> 2.4 series.  I
shan't bore you any more with my sorrows....

Regards to all and have a good meeting on Tuesday,
Paul