[Gloucs] LPI Testing Center

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Tue Mar 23 17:54:18 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 07:03, Jill Tovey wrote:
> Hi All,
> Long time no speak/hear/attend meeting...  (problems with old email address/computer/time/insert more excuses here), I hope you are all well.
> Does anyone know of an LPI testing center in Gloucester? I have been to the one in Cirencester before but wondered if there was one I could get to without having to utilise the non-existent map deciphering cell of my brain.
> I thought GLOSCAT might have one (Guy?) but asked and they haven't got back to me.

I had to go to Bristol before as Cirencester wouldn't take switch. (It might have changed by now though).
To be fair, the real problem isnt the center it is LPI doesnt take switch so the testing center has to be
prepared to be paid by the candidate in switch and then pay on behalf of the candidate by whatever approved means.

To be an LPI testing center you just have to be a VUE or a (is it prometric?) testing center.

They're (Gloscat) going for VUE at the moment (Cheltenham site) but there's been a delay over some paperwork.
As far as I know I'll be sent the software and setting up the center over Easter (not as exciting as it sounds) and then someone from VUE comes to inspect the place and it's immediatly ok for use if he/she says it's ok.
In practice I'm thinking end of April? I dont know of any others in Gloucester but it's been a while since I looked.

Hope it helps,