[Gloucs] Install day ideas

Gavin Robertson GlosLUG at tatooine.plus.com
Tue May 4 21:34:44 BST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 19:13, David Greenaway wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 May 2004 14:30, paul cooke wrote:
>

> > ps has anyone got experience of making a Knoppix H/D install into a proper
> > working Debian install???
>
> No,  but I'm using MEPIS, another debian based live cd distro that comes with
> "MEPIS installation center" that makes doing such a thing with mepis a synch.
>
> David Greenaway

I install MEPIS this weekend and I was very impressed with the install
center. Also gave Slackware a try, and apart from the partitioning
which could prove a stumbling block for those who have not played with
[c]fdisk, it was really simple, don't know what took me so long. Haven't
played very much with either, just installed and made sure they booted.

Gavin Robertson

P.S.
Any Slackers out there what's the best way update Slackware with
security updates etc.?