[Gloucs] Website missing???

paul cooke paul.cooke100 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 5 21:52:34 BST 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 21:24, andy wrote:
> paul cooke wrote:
> > I'm getting this for what I can find on Google for our website:
> > |An error occurred while loading http://www.gloucs.lug.org.uk/:
> > |
> > |Unknown host www.gloucs.lug.org.uk
> >
> > what happened???

> > Virtual IRC meets every Sunday 8-10pm in #glug on irc.slashnet.org
>
> seems OK,  top link gives page ( ie "/:" ) not found
>             second works fine

looks like my isp has got it's DNS entries screwed up...

oh great... using Netcraft's "What's that site running"

<http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph?site=www.gloucs.lug.org.uk>

I get the master entry of 195.92.253.3

ie: <http://195.92.253.3/>

 and  but that's the front end for the whole UK LUG site and tring to get to
the Gloucester entry from there still gives me the unknown host problem...

argh, virtual hosts... sometimes they can really get you down... :(

all the virtual hosts with that IP are unreachable for me...

ttfn