[Gloucs] New member

Mick Brooks michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 13:40:44 GMT 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 08:55:44AM +0000, Jason Watts wrote:

Hi Jason,

> I'm new to this list and to GLUG, so just to introduce myself. My name
> is Jason Watts. I'm currently working as a freelance web designer.

Welcome. Feel free to ask or comment about anything Linux related. It's
sometimes quiet around here, but there are plenty who'll try to help
you move up the learning curve.

> I've just had a renewed interest in linux (thanks to Ubuntu
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/) and I would be interested in coming to the
> next meeting. Could anybody tell me when and where it is please?

Next meeting is next Tuesday (23rd of Nov) at 'the big pub on the A46
just off the Cross Hands rbt in Brockworth'. There's a map here:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D1DA327B9

I'll be aiming to get there around 7-7:30pm, and think (hope!) I'll be
joined by at least 3 or 4 others.

(Guy and/or Francis - can one of you put the time and date up on the
website? I don't have access.)

I've been hearing lots about Ubuntu in the last week, maybe you could
give us a short demo if we ever get a venue sorted out?

All the best,

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk