[Gloucs] FAQ generation tool

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 19:55:07 BST 2004

Glyn Davies <glynd at walmore.com> wrote:

> I was thinking of generating a file containing little tips and tricks
> that I infrequently use now and again. You know, commands you rarely use
> or configurations that leave you thinking, "How did I do this last
> time?" Anyhoo, I decided something like a web based FAQ or HOWTO (tag
> references) would be about the right format. However, is there a tool
> out there for automatically generating and maintaining the HTML? Any
> recommendations?

Hi Glyn,

I have no idea if a suitable tool already exist.  However, dare I say a
simple bash script would do the job nicely.  May be store the text for
each question in a separate files, first line the title, the rest, the
body of the text.  The script could just generate the web page.  I've
done similar things before; have header and footer html files, generate
a body file by looping over all the text files then cat them all
together. Its very tempting to have a go now....

Regards,
Paul