[Gloucs] PHP/SQL course at Gloscat

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 20:14:15 BST 2004

"Guy Edwards02" <Guy.Edwards at gloscat.ac.uk> wrote:

> Just going to butcher your email message formatting...

If you reply to this it could end up triple quoted so that may be even
more fun!  Quick plug for my favourite mail client sylpheed
<URL:http://sylpheed.good-day.net/>: formatting, including quoted text
is easy using sylpheed as you can reformat paragraphs and preserve the
quote tags at the beginning of lines, even if the text moves around and
occupies a different number of lines.

> > I'm interested though I'm not sure I could bring
> > myself to use a windows machine in my own time.
> > I'd have to wash straight away afterward in any case.

> Ok I'll have a central Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP box setup in an fake web
> hosting type way before November...
> I can give you a Linux workstation too (I love MandrakeMove + DHCP for
> ease of setup *sigh*)

Sounds great.  Is that the live distro that supports use of usb memory
sticks?  One of these would be good for storing course work and I've
been looking for an excuse to get one of those for ages.  If I'm not
quick, my kids will have one first!

Regards,
Paul