[Gloucs] Problem with Ubuntu live

Steve Greig steve at stevespages.org.uk
Tue Aug 2 22:46:25 BST 2005

Hi all,

I am running Windows XP on a lap top and wanted to give Ubuntu live version a go.

I just downloaded the ubuntu live cd and transferred it to a CD and then (leaving it in the drive) rebooted the computer. As it started I pressed F12 and got to a menu where I choose the option to boot from the CD/DVD drive. To my surprise it just booted up into Windows XP as normal. The file I downloaded was called: ubuntu-5.04-live-i386.iso

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I can get it to work. I was hoping to go on and get the install version and then dual boot the computer with XP and Ubuntu.

Best wishes from Steve