[Gloucs] Next meeting, possible location?

Guy Edwards02 guy.edwards at gloscat.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:13:55 GMT 2005

Projector: no problem, can supply.

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: Mick Brooks [mailto:michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk]
Sent: 06 January 2005 15:08
To: Gloucestershire LUG
Subject: Re: [Gloucs] Next meeting, possible location?

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:17:22PM +0000, Paul Broadhead wrote:

Hi Paul,

> I'm not sure about where or when the next meeting might be; I've
> missed the last couple.  However, I thought we were struggling for a
> location...

I don't think anything is organized yet, and you're dead right...

> My local library in Bishops Cleeve (just north of Cheltenham) rents
> out its space in the evenings.  They currently have Wednesdays free
> from 7:00pm to 10:00pm.  They charge 12 pounds for 3 hours plus 3
> pounds for any extra hours thereafter.
<snip>

> Might be useful if we need a new location.  Any comments?
>
> My only concern is that its not very central for the majority of
> people; though its very handy for me ;-)  The cost may be an issue
> too.  I can't remember how convenient Wednesdays were for the majority

> either...

It sounds great to me - I'm sure nobody would object to donating a quid
each to cover room rental, and I know a few of us don't mind offering
lifts to those that can't travel.

Do they have a bit of wall that we can point a projector at, or even
better, do they have a projector we can use to do the pointing?

Can I suggest we try this out one Wednesday soon, with a view to
returning every other month, and having a pubmeet (that can vary in
location and day-of-week) in the 'off' months?

--
Mick Brooks
michael.brooks at physics.ox.ac.uk

Virtual IRC meets every Sunday 8-10pm in #glug on irc.slashnet.org