[Gloucs] Parental control

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Sun Jan 9 13:06:03 GMT 2005

Paul Robertson wrote:

>> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 09:48:00AM -0000, Paul Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> for an addon to do url filtering. I had no luck with SquidGuard or
>>> DansGuardian, but I found an addon called urlfilter which did the
>>

>> Why was that? I've setup DansGuardian and SquidGuard numerous times --
>> and *both* applications serve their purpose very well. What was it that
>> didn't work for you?
>>
> Just that I couldn't find any precompiled binaries of either built for
> IpCop, except for
> one SquidGuard binary from September 2003, which broke IpCop.
>
> What do you do? build from source? on the ipcop machine? or on another
> machine?

Paul et al,

Funny that this topic should resurface now, because yesterday I was
installing a broadband connection with IPCOP.

I'd practiced with IPCOP at home on a VMWare machine and I produced a
little install guide. It's very simple (few explanations, just reminders
of what needs to be done) but it takes you through IPCOP, the add-on
server and squid guard. Slightly out of date as there is now a 1.4.2
update that you need to install once you have IPCOP up and running.

If you'd like a copy (and anyone else) I'll email it to you. It's an
OpenOffice doc.

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies