[Gloucs] Next meeting, possible location?

Paul Broadhead lug at twinmoons.clara.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 22:23:29 GMT 2005

"Mike Whelan" <mikew at metapro.co.uk> wrote:

> I know a couple more plus myself who will be coming from Stroud.
> Metapro can offer to pay for the library if we receive receipt (now
> incorporated and VAT registered) in exchange for a beer in pub after
> (-: Hopefully in the future we will be able to sponsor most user group
> events providing we get customers.
> So far we have Stroud Angling Club Secretary using Mandrake 9.2 and
> Gloucestershire Hydroponics on Suse 9.1.
> Fingers crossed for new year and lots of Linux migrations in
> Gloucestershire.
> I've written a Suse invasion game in flash if you feel like some fun
> http://www.metapro.co.uk/games/suseinvasion.html

First of all sorry for not getting back to the list sooner; its been a
mad decorating and visiting in-laws type of weekend.  Thanks Mike for the
offer of sponsorship, that sounds great.  Thanks to everyone else too
for there feedback.

I'll now get on an book an evening.  Unless anyone has a better
suggestion, I'll book the last Wednesday in January, which I make the
26th.  I'll wait until Tuesday just in case that's a really bad night.

I guess all we need now are one or two folks willing to talk about
something; quickly looks down to the floor suddenly finding his shoes
very interesting...

Regards,
Paul

P.S. http://www.metapro.co.uk/games/suseinvasion.html looks an
interesting game! With a strange twist on the usual gameplay; you
playing the evil empire lackey in this case.