[Gloucs] Pounds and Locales (was Green light..)

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Jan 31 14:59:30 GMT 2005

On Thursday, Mick Brooks wrote:

> we're £1.25 in profit!

Your pound sign looked ok to me with mutt on my xterm - so I suppose
you typed it and mailed it correctly, yet had trouble displaying it.

In case they offer you clues, here are some of my environment
variables (I have mutt in an xterm running over ssh -X on a SuSE Linux
8.2 box from another SuSE 8.2)

LANG=en_US
LC_COLLATE=POSIX
TERM=xterm

and some .muttrc boilerplate that I use, quoted from and copyright (c)
1997-2001 Roland Rosenfeld <roland at spinnaker.de>

Best regards, David

send-hook . \
	"set signature=~/.sig/tschoeee-sig \
	     locale=C \
	     attribution='Hi %v!\n\nOn %{%a, %d %b %Y}, %n wrote:\n'"
#
# charset-hook alias charset
# (define charset aliases)
#
charset-hook x-unknown ISO-8859-1
charset-hook windows-1250 CP1250
charset-hook windows-1251 CP1251
charset-hook windows-1252 CP1252
charset-hook windows-1253 CP1253
charset-hook windows-1254 CP1254
charset-hook windows-1255 CP1255
charset-hook windows-1256 CP1256
charset-hook windows-1257 CP1257
charset-hook windows-1258 CP1258

set charset="iso-8859-1"	# Charset of Terminal (for display)