[Gloucs] .....And thanks for all the fish

Glyn Davies glynd at walmore.com
Mon Jul 18 22:54:03 BST 2005

Guy Edwards02 wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I will soon be leaving Gloucestershire so I was wondering.
>
>1) What do people want done with the GLUG cd duplicator machine? It's a
>bit old but it works fine and means you don't have to sit at a
>workstation feeding CD's in to be burnt, you just stick in some blanks
>and come back later.
>It's marked up "Gloucestershire Linux User Group" but I fear that if I
>leave it here at the college it might get commandeered by another
>department and vanish into the ether. It's a bit heavy too, and rather
>bulky (slightly bigger than a big pc). Francis? Mick? Glyn etc? Anyone
>got space for it?
>

>Me... I'm off to Oxford Uni. (Engineering Department) to support a
>bigger network, to join a team and to look after lots of
>Unix/Linux/Windows people. \o/
>
>Guy

Guy,

Congratulations and good luck in the new job. Thanks for everything you
have done with the GLUG in the past. Hopefully, you'll still hang around
on the list.

As regards the duplicator, I don't really have the space. Don't know
what others think. Can't we just send you ISOs to burn in Oxford? Pay by
paypal. Cost price of course :) Seriously, anyone have any suggestions?
Personally, I'm happy for it to follow guy to OxLug (given I can't think
of ever having a need to use it).

Any finally Guy, what about 'that box'? :)

--
Best Regards
Glyn Davies